Friday, April 2, 2010

The Dreaded "Is that a pickup line?"

So the girl you’re talking to asks if your opener or joke was a pickup line, rehearsed, etc…

Getting questions if your opener was canned is a sign of incongruence.

In poker the players have "tells" which let other players know what might really be going on with your hand. The same thing applies socially. Girls are socially savvy. Something sold you out and she was able to read it instantly.

Hesitation and not coming off smooth is one such tell, probably the biggest. Getting rid of it comes with experience and comfort. In other words, you must be comfortable and confident in approaching women you are attracted to. If you aren't comfortable with what you're doing, she'll be able to tell instantly and will surmise you're "up to something".

Work on eliminating “tells” and you won’t get comments like that any more. In the mean time, there are many ways to handle shit tests/comments from her of that nature... see some examples I pulled out of my ass below.

Her: Is that a pickup line?

Agree/Exaggerate: It’s totally a pickup line. I had to meet the girl with the (observation). Too cute. If you keep it up I’m so gonna have to hit on you!

Cocky: Tell me later when I'm ravishing you.

Funny: You can tell me later when I’m ravishing you…. for the best 5 seconds of your life. 6 if you’re lucky…

Frame Control: It's called an ice breaker, silly. But this reminds me of the one time when... *transition*

Talking about Fight Club: No but I heard about that crazy show on VH1, did you watch it?

You can combine any of this for good effect also: It’s called an ice breaker, silly. Wait, did you watch that crazy show on VH1 also?

Get creative man and have fun. Getting called out isn't a big deal unless you make it that way.

-Milkman

No comments:

Post a Comment