Monday, March 2, 2009

Making your move

I had a pretty good weekend, I was out with mLTRs but the 3rd one flaked on Sunday for legit reasons. It kinda made me rethink things with her, she’s not that great a fit for me. I like her and she’s very sexy, but I may not be calling her back.

Anyway the highlight of my weekend was passing my Orange belt test. It was really satisfying to have put in so much work and then finally earn it. I’m really digging Karate, and it’s interesting how some of it’s principles apply to pickup.

So at my low belt level, one of the principles being taught is follow up. You don’t just block and punch/kick one time. You see your opening, and you GO FOR IT. In pickup, this’d be analogous to being able to pull the trigger with a girl. I know a number of guys who really have problems with this issue. Sometimes the issue is sexual anxiety. Other times it’s due to social programming. If this describes you, just learn to recognize certain openings and escalate with your woman.
-MM

No comments:

Post a Comment